A regular six-month check-up is essential if you want to keep your teeth and gums healthy. If you are dealing with issues such as gum disease, you may need to visit your dentist more frequently until the issue is resolved. Dr. John P. Lynch, Dr. Sheila E. Lynch, and Dr. Frances E. Lynch are dentists at Lynch Dental Center in River Forest where they provide general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services.
What Happens During Your Check-up?
River Forest dental patients’ check-up appointment is in two stages:
- The examination: Dr. Lynch will check your teeth for signs of tooth decay and cavities. She may take X-rays to check for any cavities between your teeth. She will also check for plaque and tartar build-up. Next, she will examine your gums by using a special instrument to measure the depth of the pockets between your gums and teeth. You will also be examined for any possible signs of oral cancer.
- The cleaning: Lynch will use a cleaning process called scaling to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. After scaling, your teeth will be polished to remove surface stains from your teeth. Dr. Lynch will then floss your teeth to remove any particles from between them.
Benefits of a Bi-annual Check-up
- Keeping your teeth and gums healthy
- Preventing periodontitis
- Checking for oral cancer
- Examining for problems under the surface
- Preventing oral infections
- Saving you time and money
- Protecting your overall health
Improving your oral and overall health is a simple as making an appointment at our dental office. Join us for a check-up at Lynch Dental Center by contacting us today. You can call our River Forest office on (708) 366-6411 or our Chicago office on (312) 263-3235. We look forward to seeing you in the dental chair.