According to your River Forest and Chicago, IL, dentists, beautiful teeth can be obtained! Do you want pearly white teeth that are properly shaped and aligned? If want to improve the appearance of your smile, maybe you'd like to try porcelain, just ask Dr. John Lynch, Dr. Sheila Lynch, and Dr. Fran Lynch, who offer veneers.
Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain covers cemented to the exterior surface of your teeth. They are strong and don't stain like natural tooth enamel. Your doctor actually removes some enamel off the surface of your natural teeth before bonding the veneers. This part of the procedure nonreversible, but aligns veneers with the rest of your natural teeth.
The natural-looking restoration improves many aesthetic issues:
- Say goodbye to stained teeth: Teeth stain over time. It results from drinking coffee and tea, eating staining foods like blueberries, smoking or chewing tobacco, or old age.
- Don't deal with peculiarly shaped and abnormally sized teeth: Teeth-grinding, everyday wear and tear, or naturally pegged teeth are hidden when you use veneers that are shaped the way you want: squarer, rounder, smaller, or taller.
- Eliminate too much space between teeth: Your River Forest and Chicago dentist uses veneers to close small gaps between teeth and can even correct slight alignment issues.
It's important to take care of your veneers:
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Minimize the amount of coffee and tea you drink.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, and drink fluoride-containing water.
- Get professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, while holding your brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed to remove food debris.
- Cutdown on the amount dental-staining food you may be eating, such as blueberries.
Want to learn more about veneers? Call our River Forest and Chicago, IL, offices for more information!