Ever bite down and hear a cracking noise? A weak tooth succumbs to the pressures of biting and chewing. Whether you have a large filling, untreated decay, abscess, or poor shape and size, a porcelain crown could restore that tooth. At Lynch Dental Center in Chicago and Rain Forest, IL, your dentists use crowns to complete and strengthen smiles. Just ask Drs. John, Sheila, or Frances Lynch if you qualify.
You have 32 teeth
And, you should keep them all for life. Every one of them is important. However, sometimes extractions threaten tooth loss. To avoid the jaw bone changes and negative smile appearance caused by extraction, consider restoring your tooth with a dental crown.
Today's dental crowns are very lifelike in color, shape, and durability. In fact, modern porcelain flexes with the forces of biting and chewing and is highly fracture resistant. Also, your Rain Forest IL dentist ensures your tooth is a good candidate for this restoration through careful examination and X-ray imaging. In other words, if Dr. Lynch recommends a crown, you can count on a healthy, beautiful smile for many years.
The crown procedure
Your dentist will shape and size your tooth so it receives its crown properly. Depending on the location of the tooth, you may wear a temporary crown until your permanent one returns from the dental lab. When it does, Dr. Lynch will remove the temporary one and bond the new one over your tooth with a light-sensitive, permanent cement.
Our Chicago and Rain Forest, IL, patients enjoy crowns that blend excellent functionality with superior smile aesthetics. Unlike old-style metal crowns, porcelain crowns are virtually indistinguishable from your other healthy teeth. So, you can smile, laugh, speak, and eat with total confidence.
1. Your tooth will look and feel brand-new. Few patients experience dental sensitivity after their crown procedures, and if it does happen, it typically resolves quickly, reports News-Medical.net.
2. You treat your crowned tooth just like your others. Brush and floss daily, and keep up with your six-month cleanings and check-ups with your dentist in Chicago or Rain Forest, IL.
3. Be gentle with your restoration. Chewing ice cubes, taffy or your pencil eraser can compromise the integrity of your crown.
4. Expect to have your crown last for 10 to 20 years or even more.
5. Crowns support multi-tooth bridges, cover teeth spared by root canal therapy, and restore dental implants as well.
6. Porcelain is highly biocompatible.
7. ShareCare reports that crowns are very common because they present an excellent solution for teeth with multiple fillings or substantial amounts of missing enamel.
At Lynch Dental Center, Dr. John Lynch, Dr. Frances Lynch, and Dr. Sheila Lynch offer the finest crown restorations. To learn more, call for a consultation with one of these expert dentists. Look good and feel just great with a sparkling dental crown. Phone (312) 263-3235 for our Chicago, IL, office. For the River Forest location, call (708) 366-6411.